Tuesday 1 January 2013

What I got for Christmas!



I'm quite excited to write this post, as sad as that sounds, and I'm not writing it to show off I'm simply showing what I got because I know I like to have a nosey around at what other people got too :')

I got alot of little things, and sets of beauty stuff which is always lovely! But beware, this post is going to be a chunky little monkey I feel, sorry; but it's split into brands, because I got a fair bit of beauty stuff I think brands is best.

The Body Shop
Well, as everyone knows, or should know. I have eczema, which means my skin is suuuuupersensitive to bath lotions/creams/shower gels even shaving creams so I have to be very particular and weary when buying or trying new beauty products. I can NEVER go wrong with the Body Shop however, every product I have bought, been bought and tried is perfect and gives me no reaction whatsoever, no itching, burning, reaction - nothing. So when I received lots of Body Shop gifts this Christmas I was over the moon and itching to try them!

I received all these beautiful goodies!



I was super happy when I unwrapped these, especially the big set of Shea butter items from my boyfriend's mum. I'd never tried that particular scent before so I couldn't wait to tear it open and try them out. In the gorgeously gold tin you got a 100ml bottle of Shea Beautifying Oil, a shower scrungy (haven't got a clue how to spell that! sorry!), a 200ml pot of Shea sugar body scrub and a 250ml bottle of Shea shower cream. Needless to say I used all of these Christmas Day in prep for Christmas tea around the grandparent's house. 

They smell amazing and it leaves my skin so so so soft, unbelievably soft after just one wash, and I like how the smell of it lingers on your skin for the entire day but isn't overpowering like you've literally soaked yourself in the stuff. It's a really hard smell to describe though, but I really recommend it!

I also received a box containing the sample sized bottles of Coconut shower gel and milk body lotion, both 60ml bottles. I have yet to try the milk body lotion yet as the Shea butter stuff is currently my favourite but I love the coconut items and repurchase the shower gel often so I'm sure I'll love the milk lotion too!

I also got two new body butters, the Blueberry one I've tried before and at first I found the scent can be a little off putting, but once it's on your skin it smells lovely, nice and subtle. I've not tried the Cherry one yet but I know I smelt it in the shop and wanted to buy it!


FCUK
FCUK isn't a brand that I'd purchase myself but my auntie always buys me such nice things from there and I genuinely love the items she picks. Everytime I find a counter or shop selling the products nothing catches my eyes! 

She bought me a lovely diary planner set with body goodies to go with it



I adore the diary, again it isn't something I'd usually pick up and think 'oo this is me' but I know for a fact I'm going to use it next year! It's a lovely black glossy outer with gold edged paper. The layout of the diary pages itself surprised me, I was expecting, because it's a small diary that the days would be too small for me to write everything in, but they've set it out nicely so you have one side with the dates and an extra page for notes which is brilliant. 
The body spray and body souffle included in the set smells lovely and I can happily say I'm safe to use them on my skin! I tend to spray my clothes which the spray as opposed to my skin itself but I found the smells stays on my clothes alot longer than my skin!


Simple
I LOVE simple products, and it's killing my purse. I'm quite tight, I suppose, with my money when it's being spent on me so I often find myself not buying Simple products when they aren't on offer, despite them being wonderful for my skin. I only buy their face care items and I had recently ran out of the toner and moisturiser I used regularly so was ever so pleased when my mum included this little set in my stocking.



The three items - 50ml Facial Wash, 50ml Hydrating Moisturiser and a 50ml Toner - came in an adorable little mesh bag which I am now using as my home makeup bag. I know for sure that I will be using these products on a daily basis, and more than likely will be repurchasing when on offer! They always leave my skin so soft and clean which is nice as I found other washes of the same sort left my face feeling tight and itchy! They have no perfume to them which I adore as it makes them perfect for my eczema and dry prone face and neck.

Others!
I didn't want to do each product individually now because they're singular items but still need to be included! 

Fiona bought me a lovely Barry M nail polish in sparkly pink, the official name and number is '337 - Pink Silver Glitter'. I knew as soon as I opened it that this would be a nail polish that I'd use constantly, despite other glitter nail polishes I found this one comes of moderately easy compared to most glitter nail polishes but I suspect they're all going to be buggers when it comes to taking it off.



I also got a lovely bag from another auntie which had inside a whole load of beauty products, which unfortunately, I won't be able to use. I did a little test patch on my arm and it inflamed like god knows what. But the bag itself is lovely, again to my surprise as it isn't something I'd buy for myself, it being black and glossy like the diary. It's a lovely big bag which I'll probably use for weekend trips or when I stay round my boyfriends. In the picture I also added a few little goodies I got from various people.



Last, and my no means least I got a pair of Nike Blazer Los from my boyfriend. They aren't the sort of thing I'd usually go for but I adore them, it's just annoying because they're suede and it's been raining too much for me to wear them yet :( 




Sorry for such a heavy post - any comments and suggestions for other blog posts are welcome! Please follow me too, I'd love that :) or get in touch with me via twitter or email @chloelpsie and chloelouisecope@gmail.com :D
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment