Tuesday 1 January 2013

Setting myself a challenge.


So for 2013, since I'm going to be nearing the end of my teenage years (kind of, turning 19) I'm going to be looking for expensive things to buy, such as a car, insurance, possibly yet very unlikely a flat or house of some sort, I'm going to need to save cash - and lots of it.

I keep a spending journal - gaaay I know, but responsible - and in it I take note of what I buy, not like each item specifically, but in general, eg. Beauty products - £10, Hair products - £5 etc. From looking over this the past year I've realised how much money I actually waste on beauty and hair products a month! It's quite silly really, considering I'm not that way inclined. Take January 2012 for example, I spent £30 on beauty and hair products alone in a week, admittedly I didn't re-stock until March on some but to me that's a lot of money that I've basically put onto my face or sprayed into my hair. So, I've decided I'm going to set myself a little challenge and I'm keeping it here as a permanent record of this challenge should I chose to deny/break the rules. (I know I will break, probably)

Starting now, 29th December 2012, I'm going to:

Spend a maximum of £10 per month on beauty & hair products (unless restocking)
I think this is a good idea for me personally because actually, not to boast, but I don't actually get that many spots anymore so I don't really need a tub of Clearasil every month when the others are still moderately full.. and I don't reeeally need to buy a different shampoo & conditioner because 'it smells nicer than the one I have already' which is probably still full. Admittedly, I realise when I need to stock up on things like my Body Shop body butters I'm going to break the £10 limit, but they last me an AGE so that'll only be once or twice a year. Plus, I got 2 pots for christmas making a total of 6 pots so I should be okay for another year or two on that count.

Get a pen pal!
I would honestly love to have someone to send letters and gifts and just all things pen pally, I don't mind if they're in the UK too but just someone to receive letters from and send letters too, ee.

No comments:

Post a Comment