Saturday 29 December 2012

SUMMER TERM.


Okay, it may seem waaaaaaaaay early to be talking about summer term and the end of my final year at college when we've not even finished 2012 yet, BUT I am super super excited for the end of term, as in the summer term. (I think that's the one I mean) - the one when we all finish for the year and get to go off in our own little lives; that one. I can't explain to anyone how excited I am for that and why because they don't understand it.

My mum didn't get it, she thought I was being silly and said how I'll 'miss school' and I'm not denying that in some stressful point in my life I won't wish I was back at school, but I know for a fact I won't miss it, hardly ever. It's a funny thing really, because I chose to stay on for 'Further Education' (A-Levels) and I could have left, but at the age of 16 was I really ready to leave school? No. However, at the age of 18 I am 1000000% certain I am ready to leave education behind and start my new pathway into a full-time job or apprenticeship. And that is the reason I am so excited.

Even though I'm not moving from home, or moving anywhere the thought of waking up in the morning and not dreading going into college I will cherish forever. So many good things are going to come and I am suuuper excited.

The majority of people are going to University, fair enough. That's not for me, but please stop rubbing it in my face that you're going, because really.. I don't care. Yes I'm happy for you because you're going and you've got places, but don't make me feel like I should to meet expectations that aren't even there. -stopping now because this is a rant on a happy post- ...

I'll be so happy when the last day of term comes, or the first day of exam leave, if that ends at the same time. I'll be able to earn a living and spend my time with the people who matter the most. What else could anyone ask for? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment